Hi! My name is Gentle and I am a computer programmer and web developer. I build fast, secure, reliable websites, apps, and scripts for a wide range of clients. My goal is to build technological projects that empower Black communities and honor their privacy. Technological self-defense has interested me since high school and I am fortunate enough to have gained experience and expertise both inside and outside of the classroom.
I am constantly exploring new projects on Github. In my Power and Politics of Data course, I am building a map which visualizes how many criminal court summons were issued for each violation in every police precinct of New York to gain political experience in NYC’s open data website and to create a product that may be of use to other hactivists or comrades. Another project I am interested in is making an animated U.S. border map using D3.js using the geo-spatial files containing U.S. boundaries from the data in the National Historical Geographical Information System. I’m also excited about a data visualization project that collects weather data from the weather.gov’s API to provide live information to the user and plot the temperature in a charting library. This could be useful for political environmental petitions and awareness. Find my github and lets collaborate!
Another data visualization project I plan to contribute to is building a product to track the unemployment rate by county using the Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Finally, another data visualization project I am looking forward to engaging with is tracking COVID cases by county.
• Invited to Twitter's first-ever virtual hackathon! The Hackathon included all of Spring Camp attendees in a #BattleOfTheCamps showdown!
• Throughout the weekend, we interacted even more with Tweeps through development workshops and mentorship.
• Collaborated with a team of 6 and back-end engineered 1 twitter bot using TwitterAPI, Tweepy, Google News, Python3, and Java8 that connects users and circulates articles, mutual aid efforts, and other abolitionist readings to encourage liberation practices.
• Built 1 “Magic 8 Ball” app using XCode, Swift, and Swift UI, Object-C.
• Selected Achievements:
• Winner of Twitter for Everyone Prize
• Advanced tech skills & tools: Python 3, Java 8, Swift, XCode, Object-C, TwitterAPI,
At NYU, I am minoring in Web Programming and Applications. Here is a portfolio site of all completed assignements for the Web Design and Computer Principles Course offered in the fall of 2020.
Thank you so much for your consideration and review of my material and expertise. I approach every client based on individual needs for design, marketing, API implimentation, SEO, and more.
By going forward both parties agree to these terms:
Valuing Our Process, Rather Than Urgency
Copyright © 2021 Gentle Ramirez - All Rights Reserved.